Kitchen & Housewares

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Drive

What drives you? I work long hard days in the kitchen trying to make a name for myself and also provide for my son who is my inspiration and probably the only reason I haven't killed someone by now. He drives me to do better for myself and my family. I never knew my father and I promised myself that my son would never have to go through the pain of knowing or not knowing for that matter that he was abandoned or not taken care of the way he should have been. Sometimes I feel that I work too much or too hard but I know that there is always someone ready to cut my feet from underneath me and I will not allow that to happen EVER.
My drive is knowing that there is a better life, that my dreams have to be funded and God helps those who help themselves.I know that in due time he will come through. My thoughts go way beyond a kitchen, my ideas are not finite or just for a certain demographic, I've been studying and busting my ass so when my chance does come, when my break does break it won't be by chance that I'm successful. My drive is for the long haul, I want to last not fizzle out after a brief stay at the top. I see people like P. Diddy, Jay-Z, Emeril,Marcus Samuelson who through drive and dedication have been able to withstand time and make a lasting impression on their industry. I want my children's children to eat off of my drive and let my son create his own path and his own drive that will propel another generation to Dream, to laugh, Cry and Bleed for something that has consumed their thoughts and made them act like animals for what they love. Cooking, the artistry of making people happy by consuming a product that went from a thought in my head to a work of art on a plate is what I am here for. For a person lost or confused to read my thoughts and be inspired to push past this rough patch in life and say I can make it. My drive is for you, you and me because I need a purpose, and its you. YOU DRIVE ME.
My Cheese Cake
3# Cream Cheese
1 cup Sugar
2 whole eggs
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 vanilla bean scraped
1/2 cup heavy cream

1. Let Cream Cheese get to room temp
2. Place cream cheese in Cuisinart 4qt mixer with paddle attachment
3. Mix cream cheese till smooth Scraping sides occasionally
4. Add sugar in 4 stages, to make sure no lumps form
5. Add lemon Juice and eggs, and mix on med speed till fully mixed
6. Add Vanilla Bean (1 cap vanilla extract if no Bean) and mix well
Scraping Sides

Graham Cracker Crust
1. 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2. 1/2 cup melted butter

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients; Spray 7-inch Deep Cake Pan with pan release
Lay crumb mixture on the bottom of pan making level and smooth
Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Let cool 1 hour.
Pour Cheese Cake Ingredient into Pan and bake for 20 min @ 350 till center is firm. Let the cake cool for one day prior to taking
the cheese cake out of the pan. Flipping onto one plate then back onto
another Crust side Down

Continue to read my thoughts and be inspired get in the Vehicle of your mind and DRIVE
I hope my Food and thoughts was food for Thought

No comments:

Post a Comment